We are a relatively small organisation, employing a small visitor services team with seasonal staff in the café, shop and gate and just ten full time animal keepers. All our keepers are required to have, or to be training towards, an appropriate zoo animal management qualification.
The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland (RZSS) owns and manages Edinburgh Zoo and Highland Wildlife Park. Both are premier visitor attractions, offering visitors an excellent day out. Highland Wildlife Park is located in the Cairngorms National Park, 7 miles south of Aviemore.
Work placements and research at Highland Wildlife Park
Unfortunately we are not accepting any applications for work placements or research at the moment. Please keep an eye on this page where any updates will be posted.
- British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums www.biaza.org.uk
- European Association of Zoos and Aquaria www.eaza.net
- Zoolex Zoo Design Organisation www.zoolex.org
Conservation Organisations and Wildlife Trusts
- John Muir Trust www.johnmuiraward.org
- The Mammal Society www.mammal.org.uk
- The Royal Society for the Protection of Birds www.rspb.org
- Scottish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals www.scottishspca.org
- Scottish Natural Heritage www.snh.org.uk
- Scottish Wildlife Trust www.swt.org.uk
- Deer UK website www.deer-uk.com
- British Deer Society www.bds.org.uk
- International Otter Survival Fund www.otter.org