The park may be closed but why not have something amazing to look forward to later this year? Our Keeper for the Day Experience will give you a once in a lifetime chance to get up close and personal with our animals.
Now more than ever the park needs your support to help feed your favourite animals and fund the conservation work of RZSS around the world. Your purchase of a keeper for the day experience voucher makes this vital work possible and we are incredibly grateful for your continued support which will be even more important over the coming months.
With our ‘Keeper for a Day’ experience you’re guaranteed an amazing time! You’ll get up close and personal with some of the wonderful animals who live in The Highland Wildlife Park and get a unique insight into life as an Animal Keeper and a fascinating glimpse behind the scenes at the Park.
This once in a lifetime experience will give you an understanding of how we care for our animals and provide enrichment to their daily lives and environment. You’ll help the Animal Keepers with feeding, and of course with a bit of cleaning out!
Here’s an example itinerary for our Keeper for the Day Experience:
08.30 On arrival at the Highland Wildlife Park you will be greeted by a member of HWP staff and receive your Antlers Café vouchers. You will then accompany the Hoofstock Keepers on their morning rounds.
10.00 to 10.30 Coffee break in the Antlers Café
10.40 Assist the Hoofstock Keepers in the Park’s Main Reserve.
11.15 Polar Bear training feed.
11.30 Japanese Macaque feed.
12.00 Lunch break in the Antlers Café, and an opportunity for you to wander around.
13.30 Activity varies with the season - possibly wolverine, red pandas, macaques
14.00 Assist with Tiger training and feed. Then it’s on to feed the Arctic Foxes.
15.00 Return to the Keeper service area to collect your HWP t-shirt and Keeper for the Day certificate. You are welcome to remain in the Park until closing time.
To book a Keeper for the Day Experience
- The cost for Keeper for a Day is £350 per person (maximum 2 people). Minimum age for participants is 18.
- Your Keeper for the Day Experience includes a Highland Wildlife Park t-shirt, lunch/coffee vouchers to spend in our Antlers Café, and a 25% discount on purchases from our Wildthings Gift Shop (except books and media). Entry to the Highland Wildlife Park is included within the price of the Keeper for a Day Experience.
- Spectators are not able to accompany you on the experience, although they are welcome to spend the day in the Park during public opening hours, subject to payment of the normal entrance fee.
- To book please telephone 01540 651970.
- The Keeper for a Day Experience is available on all days except Thursdays and Saturdays (subject to availability)
- Keeper for a Day Experience vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase & can only be used once.
- Buy a voucher
* Don’t forget that by purchasing a Keeper for the Day Experience you will also be contributing to our vital animal conservation work.
Please read our Terms & Conditions before booking