Location: Edinburgh Zoo & Highland Wildlife Park
Maximum Class Size: 20
Length of lesson: 40 minutes
Age suitability: All
Come and see some of the amazing animals that make up our collection.
One of our Education Officers will introduce you to some of our animals by leading a tour around the Park. If you are doing a particular topic then the tour can be modified to fit with this, just let us know when you are booking.
- Appreciation of different types of animals.
- Appreciation of the fact that animals can be endangered and knowledge of the work that zoos and each of us can do to help protect them.
- Additional learning objectives may be added depending on whether there is a specific theme.
Curriculum for Excellence Experiences and Outcomes:
- HWB 0-48a ‘I recognise that we have similarities and differences but are all unique.’
- SOC 0-17a ‘I make decisions and take responsibility in my everyday experiences and play, showing consideration for others.’
- SOC 0-08a ‘I explore and appreciate the wonder of nature within different environments and have played a part in caring for the environment.’